North Scottsdale Area
P.O. Box 4927 | Cave Creek, AZ 85327
P.O. Box 11356 | Glendale, AZ 85318
CALL US EMAIL US
GROWING NEXT GENERATION THOUGHT & SERVICE LEADERS
APR 7 - Scott Walski, Remembering Always
APR 12 - Scott Foundation's 10 Year Anniversary
MAY - Foster Care Awareness Month
JUL 15 - Sir Bark A. Lot's Fashion Paw Tea
SEPT 22-23 - Life On Earth Expo - Details TBA
NOV 21 - Happy Belly Thanksgiving Family Food Drive - Details TBA
DEC 16 - Operation Toy Box - Details TBA
Since 2007, Scott Foundation has impacted the lives of 4,950+ youth through the development of core social emotional learning and life skills with the help of committed volunteers and community support. Those same youth have directed nearly $600K in In-Kind donations back into the community.
Through the Young Adult Masterclass, Scott Foundation continues to respond to the needs of children in the Arizona foster care system and At-Risk youth.
Overwhelming Arizona Foster Care Facts:
- There are over 20,000 children and youth in Arizona's foster care system.
- Ages range from 2 days old to age 18.
- Over 5,000 live in out of home care.
- Only 1 of 10 foster kids in Arizona has a court appointed special advocate volunteer.
- Many of the children enter with few or non personal items... including hygiene products.
- Children are forced to share with other youth in the home or wait until personal hygiene items can be
- At age 18, receive a black trash bag, take their belongings, and are out the door.
- 80% become homeless or imprisoned within a year
- Last year over 700 foster youth aged out.
Of the At-Risk youth served:
- 9 out of 10 are living in extreme poverty, earning less than $23,800 for a family of four or more
- 2 out of 10 have lived in a homeless shelter
- 4 out of 10 do not see a future for themselves
- 8 out of 10 live in homes with family violence
- 6 out of 10 have parents or caregivers who use drugs and commit crimes
- 4 out of 10 are likely to drop out of high school
- 7 out of 10 will be first generation college students
Download About Scott Foundation 2017 Fact Sheet